I am still in Mexico but before I left I cooked up this here SGF#73 mix with help from Annaliese and Mohair. I hope you enjoy it in a hot bath while looking forward to dancing in the smoke on saturday night. I will be getting home just in time to set up the red lamps and get everything ready for you, dear slow grinders x
STREAM ON MIXCLOUD
More slow grinding blues, soul, latin and other stuff too. Stick around till the end of Side Pierre for a newly unearthed Lee Moses recording! Soundtrack a nice hot bath with this mix and we'll see you on that smokey dancefloor at our 6th birthday party.
SLOW GRIND FEVER #72
w/ DJs Richie1250, Mohair Slim and Pierre Baroni and Shio Otani
plus performances from Jane Doe, Gae West, Cynthia Sobraty and Simone Page Jones
Saturday June 29th @ Bar Open
Returning to Bar Open this saturday with DJ Richie1250, Mohair Slim, Pierre Baroni and midnight guest DJ China Bone (Jazz Party) bringing you more of what you need when the lights are down low.
This months mix features slow grinders from all over. A latin floater from Vietnam, a caribbean mover from LA, some actually belgian belgium popcorn, jazz from NY, soul from New Orleans, r&b from Togo... What ties them all together is a moody atmosphere and a groove that makes you want to dance either real sweet or real sultry. We look forward to seeing you dance one or both of those ways on saturday at Slow Grind Fever #71 x
STREAM ON MIXCLOUD: https://www.mixcloud.com/richie1250/slow-grind-fever-mix-71-by-richie1250-and-pierre-baroni/
SLOW GRIND FEVER #71
w/ DJs Richie1250, Mohair Slim and Pierre Baroni, plus midnight guests DJ China Bone (Jazz Party)
Saturday May 25th @ Bar Open
And it's a moody, twangy good time...
This month's Slowgrind-a-billy special will see The ReChords performing a live set of country / rock-a-billy style slow grinders, and our resident DJs Richie1250, Mohair Slim and Pierre Baroni packing an extra serve of those moody, sultry sides by our favourite country and rockabilly singers, alongside our usual mix of slow grinding blues, soul, jazz, latin and so forth.
SLOW GRIND FEVER #70
w/ DJs Richie1250, Mohair Slim and Pierre Baroni, plus midnight guests The ReChords
Saturday April 27th @ Bar Open
- Once the room reaches capacity, the venue won't allow any new patrons in until it has sufficiently cleared. To ensure prompt entry we recommend arriving before 10:30.
- There will be a smoke machine going all night and it will get very smokey. The smoke is non-toxic but if you ain't into smoke machines this might not be the party for you...
- There are no phones on the dancefloor at Slow Grind Fever. If you need to use your phone, do it over by the bar or go outside and get some fresh air.
- Slow Grind Fever is not specifically a partnered dancing event. Some people dance with a partner, some with a group of friends, some alone with their eyes closed. you can do it how you wanna.
- The vibe of the night is very hazy and sexy, but the vibe is also about having good manners. Don't touch anybody without getting their permission first, and don't be all up in someone's personal space if they aren't inviting you.
- To avoid random late night drunks who may not understand this, we stop letting new people in at 1:30. If you are going to turn up after 1:30, the password to get in is LITTLE WILLIE JOHN