SLOW GRIND FEVER returns to Bar Open for more slow twisting, low dipping, neck kissing, and all that good stuff. We play the slowest, sleaziest, spookiest, sweetest, swinginest old records we can find, and people dance real slow in a haze of smoke and dim red light. It's a good time.
This months GIRL GROUP SPECIAL will see our resident DJs Richie1250, Mohair Slim and Pierre Baroni packing an extra serve of those sweet early 60s female vocal group slow grinders we all love, and somewhere around 11 we'll see Steph Brett and The Slowgrindettes take to the stage for some live harmonizing. It's gonna be a thing.
SLOW GRIND FEVER #67: Girl Group Special
w/ DJs Richie1250, Mohair Slim and Pierre Baroni
plus live harmonizing from Steph Brett & The Slowgrindettes
Sunday Jan 27th @ Bar Open (LONG WEEKEND)
9pm-130am, $12 (early start and finish)
- Once the room reaches capacity, the venue won't allow any new patrons in until it has sufficiently cleared. To ensure prompt entry we recommend arriving before 9:30.
- There will be a smoke machine going all night and it will get very smokey. The smoke is non-toxic but if you ain't into smoke machines this might not be the party for you...
- There are no phones on the dancefloor at Slow Grind Fever. If you need to use your phone, do it over by the bar or go outside and get some fresh air.
- Slow Grind Fever is not specifically a partnered dancing event. Some people dance with a partner, some with a group of friends, some alone with their eyes closed. you can do it how you wanna.
- The vibe of the night is very hazy and sexy, but the vibe is also about having good manners. Don't touch anybody without getting their permission first, and don't be all up in someone's personal space if they aren't inviting you.
- To avoid random late night drunks who may not understand this, we stop letting new people in at 12:30. If you are going to turn up after 12:30, the password to get in is LITTLE WILLIE JOHN